Now, I am not in Japan, this is my first blog post live from Busan, South Korea!
Today, as my relative that guides me around Busan had an urgent meeting in her campus, I strolled around near Pusan National University. It's quite big and lots of shops to see. After went around for almost an hour, suddenly I passed a shop that sells a thing that my friend wanted for a very long time ago. So I decided to enter.
The bad thing is, I cannot speak Korean beside 'Annyeonghaseyo'. Oh, no.
Two clerks that's been chatting near the door welcomed me.
「어서오세요」"Welcome,"
I don't know how to answer it in Korean and all I can speak is Japanese or English, so I just nodded and look at the thing that I wanted to buy for my friend. The two clerks looked at me while arguing about something in Korean.
Then, they spoke up.
"Are you Japanese?" Again.
"Oh no, I am not," answer me.
"Then, Chinese? Taiwanese?" asked the girl clerk. I still said no. Then the boy clerk tried to guess.
"Oh! Bangladesh? Nepal? Philippians?" Come on.
"I am from Indonesia," I said finally with smile, followed by long "oooowhhh" from the two of them. Then, the girl clerk got away.
"How old are you?" The boy clerk tried to start the conversation with his English-Korean accent.
"How old do I look?" I asked back, my usual answer whenever someone ask my age.
"Uh.. huh?" Seems the clerk cannot understand my English.
"Well, nineteen," I answered, still looking for some souvenir for my older brother.
"Aah! Nineteen!" He said, glad that he can communicate with some foreigner in English. Still, he wanted to talk more, "Are you studying in Pusan National University?"
"No, no. I am just visiting here," I said.
"In Busan?"
"Yeah, in Busan," I said lightly.
The clerk followed me to the cashier as I finished my shopping, then with smiley face, he even gave me some discounts for the things I bought. And the funny thing is..
"Total is 14,000 won. Here you go. And here is my telephone number,"
He happily slip a small paper with his telephone number on it to the shopping bag. After receiving the shopping bag, I got out from the shop as fast as I can to burst into laugh. Hahahaha! What a day. What a funny guy. Simple meeting? Yes. Made my day? The most.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿