It was just yesterday when I had a chat about life with one employee from SONY Corp. who came to my university to learn English for two months. He told me his life when he was young and regret it so much. He didn't really think about his future back then, and he really want to make sure that nowadays young people consider about the future more. Life is not all about playing in the playground, he said.
The turning point for him that made him consider about life more was when his fiancé (now his wife though) recommended him "The Bucket List" movie. Since then, he always plan ahead his life and eager to have other young people to follow his step.
Think about it now, until I got into APU and moved to Japan, I was a quite movie and drama freak. I watched so many movies and Japanese drama that I cannot recall all the titles anymore. I guess it's about more than 50 titles though. Anyway, I remember there was one Japanese drama that influenced me a lot.
The title is 14 Years Old Mother (14歳の母).
It was a story about a 2nd year middle school girl that apparently only 14 years old and really energetic and wanted to become a famous DJ Radio, accidentally got pregnant with his boyfriend. Her youth finished. She wanted to keep the baby so she couldn't continue her study and cannot go for her dream anymore. And the baby's father had to drop out from school and worked in such a young age.
Well, it's not about the storyline that encourage me to have a baby in such a young age or anything like that, but how the main character stay so strong despite everyone starts to look down at her. It was her decision to keep the baby and she took all the risks and consequences. She knew what kind of road she will go through, how much pain she will suffer from, but she keep going on, stay positive, not complaining nor crying at all.
I watched this drama when I was in my last year of high school and at the time I decided to go to Japan for studying, I also decided that I will stay strong no matter what happen with me for the next four years. No matter how hard life will be, no matter how frustrating the people I'll meet, no matter how much I have to break down, I promised myself that I have to get up by myself. I promised myself to stay strong as much as I can.
Before deciding to go to Japan, I keep telling myself all the consequences and risks I'll face if I decided to land my foot on this country. No family around, no best friends, the language and society I haven't known yet, the school life hardship... everything. That's why, since I came to Japan, I tried my best not to complain in any single things. Well, I do complain, but I tried my best not to complain so often.
Because for me, I was the one who decide to leave the country, so I have to face the consequences. I left my mother who cried over me whenever I forgot to call due to my crazy schedule in order to live in my childhood dream. If I complain over things, was not it kind of greedy? I got what I wanted for so long and it must be very arrogant of me if I keep complaining about the hardship. Many people in Indonesia might never get a chance to get what I experienced here for the last 3 years. So I keep remind myself to keep enjoying every single thing I do while I am still here, no matter how hard it is living in Japanese society. Just enjoy the hardship, I guess?
So what do I usually do when things get hard? Take a rest, take a break. Write it down and throw it away. Sleep more and eat myself up. Change my mind and see the problem from other perspective. If it's too hard to handle, cry it over and let go of the frustration. It usually work for me. But, I always try my best to never let it slip out of my mouth. And staying strong was never easy for me.
You know what, I kind of have this urge to go to Tokyo to meet the producer or director of this drama. Thank them in person to change my perspective of life and becoming one of the reason that let me stay strong all this time. Well, I cannot decide whether I do really stay strong or not, though. But I always try.
Haven't watched this drama yet? I recommend you to watch it :)


0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿