2010年12月29日水曜日

Winter In Kyoto 京都

Hey, everybody! This is Maya!


This is my second post in this new blog. Last week, on 17 - 20 December 2010, I went to Kyoto for the first time in my life. I always wanted to go to Kyoto at least once in my entire life, and I love it!


So, I went there by ship which was so luxury for me, compared to any kind of ship I've ever rode on when I was in Indonesia. Looked like a mall rather than a ferry.




It took about 12 hours to arrive in Osaka Harbor. Yes! Osaka! Two cities in a row =D but, in Osaka I just passing by so it didn't really count. From Osaka Harbor, we went straight away to Kyoto by bus which took 2 hours. 







First time I saw a beggar in Japan. Kyoto was cold back then and I wish that beggar had someplace that warm enough to live. I know how it's feel when you're cold. I just experienced it a month ago, so I wish I can help him.


The Kyoto Peace Tour was about discussing about Peace with Ritsumeikan University students and the Ritsumeikan Uji High School students. So, our first destination was Ritsumeikan University! I think it's a nice place, really. First university other than APU that I visited in Japan. 





Then, we met the students and went to Kyoto Peace Museum. There was one badge that really interested me. It was written:

"Why do we have to kill the people who kill people to show that killing is wrong?"

Think about it. Why? And I found a lot of new facts about peace. Peace is not only about war or conflict but also hunger, lack of clean water, environmental, etc. But then, we saw about war and conflict. How was the condition during the war made me so grateful I have a peaceful life. Compared to how many people struggling out there to keep alive, we are the minority. We are the lucky ones. And it doesn't guarantee us to get this peaceful life for the rest of our life. We have to take the action.

After that, we discussed about peace in small class. Our group came up with great conclusion and I got a very great conclusion about what peace means. 

I used to think peace is always related about war. But, actually, peace is the harmony between people. It is a feeling and there is not so many people that could achieve that peace even though their country is not in war. Like when the North Korea bombed the South Korea a month ago. I heard some random news that if the war happens, all the Korean students in APU must come back to Korea (I do not know if it's true or not, though). But, at that time, when I heard that, I was extremely sad. How can I be in peace when my friends have to go to the war? Even though my country is not the one who will have the war, but I feel so sad.

Peace is something abstract, but when you achieve it, it is so beautiful.

Back to the trip HAHA, we did presentation about Peace.




After the presentation, we had Fashion Show time. I wore Kebaya and  made a lot of friends. So much fun!



So, the next day was sight-seeing day! We went to Kinkakuji and Kiyomizudera. I love Kyoto! So much beautiful temples! I wish I could go to Gion District and Arashiyama. And those places in Memoirs of Geisha and Hatsuyuki no Koi. Enjoyed every moment there~ 

Bought a lot of omiyage (souvenirs) there, and the best one was the Kiyomizudera's snow globe! Also the chirimen handicrafts and Hello Kitty Chirimin Mirror. The Kyoto's famous sweets also delicious! I ate every tester (sorry, can't help myself) =p




In Kinkakuji I took an omikuji (fortune teller), even though it was not written as Very Lucky, but I'm happy with my result =) I kept it~! And I bought a lot of omamori (good luck charms).

In Kiyomizudera I took omikuji again and I got bad luck! Haha so I tied it on the place where all tied bad omikuji were tied together. Later, they will burn all of them and made the bad luck turn into a good luck.









After that by bus we went to Kyoto Station and ate some lunch. Saw a very expensive and big parfait! Somebody, please buy me one someday~ I really want to try it! LOL


In Kyoto Station, we went to the department store and window-shopping (sorry for the guys, Yup-san and Andre). Clothes in Kyoto are too expensive! I might have to get a full time job if I want to buy some clothes over there.



In the evening, we went back to Osaka to take trip back to Beppu. I saw Seto Ohashi in the way. So so happy! I thought I would never see it again. It made me want to go back to Kagawa even more. I shouted in the deck of the ferry "TADAIMAA~!!" (I am back!) seriously. I just extremely happy~

It was very tiring but soo fun! Even my friend from Myanmar said this, 'Maya! You looked so happy during the Kyoto Peace Tour!" hahaha. I want to go back there again someday, for longer visit. Maybe a week? Two weeks? 

It's like going to dreamland and go back to reality. I really want to come back!

Thanks for reading. I'll post more posts in the future!

Bye-bye and see ya'!

-Maya












0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿