2012年7月30日月曜日

Summer In Beppu


Among the four seasons I've been through as I live in Japan, summer is one of the most unpleasant season, yet the best of all. I love winter and how I could wear all of those winter coats and stuffs that I couldn't wear in my home country, but summer has its own spell. Maybe it's because I am having my summer.. in Japan. Yes, Japan.


From the very first time I spent my summer days in Japan in 2009, I knew that I fell in love instantly with it. Began with Star Festival (Tanabata Matsuri) then Summer Festival. People wear Yukata every corner of the festival. The food stalls and Japanese Festival Game stalls are in one long row. And the best of all, the summer fireworks at night. I love fireworks.. like a lot. During summer, I feel so.. alive. 



Last year, I joined the Beppu Summer Festival for the first time. After practicing for three days in Oita International House, I experienced an more-than-one-hour dancing around the festival wearing Yukata. This year, I didn't join the dance even though I wanted to, but seeing the same old dance in front of my eyes for once more time, it cannot help but bringing back lots of memories from last year summer. And without I realized, I started to smile widely.






I remember a lot of things from last summer. How I spent a day with my Japanese share mate in Oita. How my sandal broken during the dance practice and I had to struggle walking to reach the nearest bus stop and ended up buying another sandal. How I just felt free with all the things. When I looked around during yesterday festival, I was amazed of the fact that another one year has passed. Time flew so fast, eh?

Anyway, it's really nice having summer festival after all those hectic days, final exams, and busyness searching for new place to live. I also wore the Yukata my Host Family gave me 3 years ago. Well, it's said, the best summer is if you spend watching fireworks with someone you like, but for me, I am there with my closest friends, that's enough. 

To think about it, I had choice to hate my life--disappointment, guilty, fed up--but, whatever the unpleasant things I faced on my daily life, I chose to be grateful of it. I came to realize that my life here is richer and more colorful than before I went here and I couldn't be happier than ever.

See you next summer, Beppu! 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿