2014年1月7日火曜日

Japanese New Year Greetings Postcard!

Hi bloggers!
So it has been a week since we celebrated new year and I couldn't be happier because this year I got plenty of new year postcards =)

I never really received a new year postcard in my whole life, since in my country we don't exchange new year cards, until last year when I received my very first new year postcard from my Chinese friend who is studying in France right now. I remember how I felt really happy when I received that small hand-written card on my hand. Well, I never really sent any postcard in my whole life (I used to send handwritten letter a lot during elementary school though) but I wanted to be the one who send new year's postcard this year. I sent to some of my friends in Japan though but in return, I also got some from those I didn't even send to as well! Just feel so happy especially because I still haven't recovered yet from this chicken pox thingy and I still can't go anywhere.

Even I exchange new year postcard with one of my bestie who lives in Germany right now. And she designed her postcard by herself, which makes it really special to me. I always love her arts and her designs =) In Japan, people exchange new years postcard every year. They said that young people don't send a lot these days (they prefer online postcard) but for those who got married and have kids, more likely they would have personalised-postcard. Printing out their own family picture on their postcards and send them to all their acquaintances and relatives. Such a nice experience.

People said it's really troublesome to do such a thing in this digital era. It's troublesome to buy some postcard, write on it, buy stamp and go to post office or nearest post box to send them. It's much easier to do it online and save lots of time and effort. But that's the point. Because nowadays everyone goes online and digital, such a physical new year postcard becomes really special for both who send and receive it. You know, you should try once and  see what I mean =)

2 件のコメント:

  1. ワィィ〜!あたしのポストカードもあるよ!ありがとう,マヤ!
    Hehe it's so nice to know you think I'm one of your besties. I'm so happy! ˆ ˆ
    Also so flattered to know you like my designs!
    Btw, may, itu kartu pos yg kanan bawah dari Korea siapa yg gmbar? かわいい!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. haha anggap aja gue salah satu fans design lo kkkk
      ohh itu bukan dari korea biv, tapi dari temen gue orang Mongolia dan dia nggak gambar sendiri, dia beli dari toko lol

      削除