2011年6月2日木曜日

Nagasaki Sky

Hi blogger! This is Maya, struggling in studying for 5 subjects for the upcoming exams :P


I went to Nagasaki last weekend for Nagasaki Peace Tour. I learnt a lot of things during this tour. Meeting new friends, listening to the real story of the atomic bomb survivor and went to the real place where the bomb was dropped (hypo center).




Never really thought about it before, but I never realize the bomb effect would be this.. great. This.. sad. I also read a book about a compilation of Nagasaki atomic bomb survivals testimonials and I almost cried. It's just so real and so painful.





What I like from Nagasaki, its city's architecture is derived from Western style's Holland. It is because of the Japanese historical aspect where during the Edo Period, Japan was under such an isolation system where Japanese cannot leaved Japan and foreigner cannot enter Japan. The only place they can enter was Nagasaki, that's why a lot of western style architecture in Nagasaki ;)



I just very surprised when the next morning, our Peace Tour Activity was reported on 3 different big-scale Japanese newspaper! Wow! Then, we had like an exchange program talking about peace and what should we do to improve peace with high school students from Nagasaki.




This one was the most interesting one. We were assigned to get as much as possible signature from people who passing by in Nagasaki Station. The program is called 10,000 signatures by high schools in Nagasaki. They always gathering signatures every week, even though it is sunny or rainy days. They have been doing this for almost 10 years if I didn't make mistake.

This Nagasaki Peace Tour were a great experience for me! I wish I can come back to Nagasaki someday. Maybe go to Sasebo which is beautiful.

Right now it's Quarter Break, but I have lots of things to do. By the way, it's already June and I love June! :D

Thanks for reading this flat blog post.

See ya' and bye-bye!

Far away from Japan,
Maya






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿