2011年6月9日木曜日

Why Birthday Is So Special?

Hi, blogger! It's me Maya.


Today is my birthday. Now I am officially 19th years old. Feel strange. I almost 20. The thing is, this is my very first birthday miles away from my home, my family, my childhood and teenage-hood friends. Surrounded by new environment and culture and new people. And those people are not the same nationality with me. It feels so.. strange in someway. Haha.




Why people celebrate birthday? Why people so excited for celebrating people birthday? Why people are excited about their own birthday? Through my way to classes today, I met people who say happy birthday to me. My facebook walls, twitter and skype full with celebration words. During my part-time job and my Japanese Class, people sang Happy Birthday song to me. You know, that was very very great. I really love it.


The more people say happy birthday to me, the more I am wondering why birthday is so special? Today is no different with yesterday or the day before. There are people who are lucky enough that others remember their birthday and willing to say happy birthday and even give presents, but the other hand, there are people who does not have anybody who remember their birthday. Isn't it unfair?


Why birthday is so special still be a big mystery for me. Wow, I should majoring in philosophy or psychology back then haha.


By the way, cannot help but feel so thankful for everybody who remember my birthday. It does really mean to me. Thank you everyone! :]


Thanks for reading.


See ya' and bye-bye!


Far away from Japan,
Maya

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿