Today, I start again all of those RA jobs that I had done last semester. Making Guidebook of AP House, picking up the new residents, and (later on!) training camp of RA. I just finished meeting two of my new residents, both of them are Japanese. Unlike the previous floor where I was taking charge of post-graduate students which most of them were international students, this was the first time to me to guide them all in Japanese which made me so nervous.
Every time I saw new residents moving in, I always remembered my first day here. Like any other of my first day at school, I was alone. Well, I was with the Indonesian Group, but still, you know what I mean. Unlike my older brother, I never been accompanied by my parents during my first day of almost anything (except kindergarten?). I was all alone during my first day of junior high school, which I had to commute for approximately an hour from my house back then. I was alone as well during high school. And finally I went all alone, crossing the sea for 7 hours on the plane to reach Japan. In the other hand, my older brother always got accompanied by them. Junior High School, High School, University, and even when he had to move to other city in Indonesia for work.
I don't complaining for their absence all these time, but just now, I saw the Japanese new residents moving in with their parents helping them, I cannot help but I wish my parents also accompany me on my first day. But, on the second thought, I think it will only make me dependable on them. Yes, my parents didn't accompany me on my first days, but somehow it just made me much stronger and stronger.
Seeing the parents helping with all the stuffs and boxes during the moving in period, I cannot help remembering just exactly the same scene when me and my family went to Bandung (one of Indonesian Cities) to help my older brother to move there for college years ago. Slightly in my heart (while seeing those scene), I miss that moment and miss my family as well.
But, let's put the RA Sweater on for one more time because it's time for Pick Up Day!
With Love,
Maya
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿