2012年5月20日日曜日

The Time I Fell Down

From last March, I was extremely busy that I feel like dying everyday. The busyness doesn't slow down even for a second. Starts from being the leader of Guidebook AP House Spring 2012, RA Training, Pick Up period, AP House Entrance Ceremony preparation, new classes, Indonesian Week 2012 Recruitment, World Festival Decoration, Belibis Dance, Piring Dance, Indonesian Week 2012 Internal Job, SAS Events, etc. I could not even list more because it's so long. I remember there was days when I had to run around the campus all day long (literally!) to get some vacant room for important meeting. Or days when my phone keep ringing and ringing until I felt I really wanna throw it away. Or day when I had to choose to dedicate all my life to my job or spend it with the people I want to spend with. Maybe people could not understand my busyness, but to be honest, there's no single day that I don't want to burn my agenda book so bad.


Expectation. Recently I heard from my friends that I am known as a girl who is very multitasking. Can take 4 or 5 different of jobs and accomplish everything in the same time. Everyone expect me of that. And recently, I felt more pressure that I've ever had before, especially when others are also busy and I have to keep moving on and on. I started to lose my focus. Mistaken on reserving the room. Forgetting some important meeting just because I was too tired and forgot to write the time on my agenda book. Couldn't accomplish things that I used to be able to. I start to feel I disappoint lots of people that already expected me so much because of my recent bad work ethics. And I lost all my self-confidence for once more.


Then, suddenly someone came out of blue. I haven't met him for awhile. I knew him for awhile and since our first meeting, he always believe in me and have faith in myself. It is like he even know me; as if he could see through my self and see my capability that I even never knew before. Looking back now, I remember that he always says thing about me that motivated me to try new things. He seems to know that I am able to do things, but because I never had enough self-confidence in myself, I often refuse to try; and he always the one who push me to try it. He never failed to convince me that I could do things better than this. And from that short meeting, it built up my self-confidence again. He is just the helping hand I needed to help me getting up when I fell down.


Thinking about it now, I think that is the importance of old friends. Old friends are just like time capsule. When you talk again with them, somehow they will remind you with the old you. And sometimes we have to remember our old self, especially when we got lost in things. In that way we can survive. Especially when you are afraid of changes a lot... just like me.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿