2012年9月5日水曜日

My Old Distant Dream

So, here I am, being sick and all jobless, literally writing from the border of my warm bed. I couldn't get out from bed for almost three days because of this cold and I wish I'll get better soon since I want to go around Jakarta before I get back to Japan 11 more days. I ended up playing over my old DVD collection all day long since there's nothing much I can do in such condition. Watching my favorite American movies just brought back memories.. and moreover, my old dream.

All of sudden, I remember how I was dying to go back to States back then, wanting to go to college there and even live in Big Apple City, yes you named it, New York City. I'd never understand even by myself why I really want to live in that crowded metropolitan city. I guess I just drown to that city with no reason. You know, sometimes you found yourself drown into something that you couldn't explained. That's how I feel about States and New York. I remember one of my best friends told me once, "What's the point coming to New York where all you can see is skyscrapers and stuffs?" Don't ask me, I had no clue.

Doing things I usually do during high school has different story. Somehow it feels like finding my old self looking back at me and asking me where had I been. I almost forgot that I had so many dreams back then, and I really tried my best to make it real. Dozens of books proved it all. My effort studying for IGCSE and AS Level Exam, and even I bought SAT Preparation Book; proved I was preparing my future seriously. I remember went to so many Study Abroad Fair two or three years ago; guess I was really determined to realize my dream back then. Everything reminds me of how once I was aiming that high.

I wonder, how'd it be like if I really went to college to States instead of Japan.
Guess I would never had that encounter then.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿