2012年9月24日月曜日

Repeating Histories

All I see when I have to goto campus are new students. They are all around me, wandering around in groups with faces full of excitement of what they will going through for the next 4 years ahead. Or at least, having their first snow in Japan.

Weirdly enough, seing all of them, I feel like suddenly I am able to see my own self walking around with them. Two years ago, I was just exactly like them. I could recall everything from my first semester (or even first year) as if it's just happened yesterday. The very first time I passed through the highway road from Fukuoka Airport to reach Beppu, the time I saw my campus gate for the first time, the first time I arrived in AP House, the first time I met my first international friend and also my Japanese sharemate 11 days later, the excitement went to all the new student orientation guidance, and lots more.

Even when I visited AP House today, I could smell the same smell just like it presented during my first week there. The things that I couldn't understand is, why all these memories strongly coming back now; I mean, I'd repeated the same fall last year. I wonder if it has anything to do of me being over-busy last semester.

All the excitement's brought by the new students that rose up to the sky made me feel excited as well. As if excitement could spread out within people. But one thing that I realize when I saw them is how limited my time left in APU. And even though I could remember what happened two years ago, I couldn't deny but day by day it becomes blurry and worn out. I couldn't remember how I really was if the new students didn't help me to remember.

Makes me wonder, would everything will be forgotten as if nothing's happened once I stepped out from Japan?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿