Friendship never ends. That is what I thought when I meet my old friends. Meeting them just like you found your time capsule because when you are with your old friends, you will start talking about the past and all of those silly things you did together with your best buddies. They help you remind you of how were you back then. They help you remind you of who you are. That's the best thing about having old friends.
I met these girls a very long time ago. It was 8 years ago when we started to know each other. Yeah, you heard it right. Eight years. Almost one decade. We were originally from the same junior high school. Three of us were in the same class on 7th grade. The girl beside me? She was in the same class with me for 6 years in a row (since junior high until high school). One of us was not in the same high school. But uniquely, even though the four of us never in the same class, we still close friends even until now, when we are already in different college and even live in different country (me!). I am really amazed of how time flies and how our friendship never gets old. Every time we met and having our girls day out, we always have something to talk and that's what I am glad about. One of the biggest fear of my life is meeting a friend that I haven't seen for ages and suddenly everything changed that we feel awkward with each other and don't know any topic to talk about. I really wish those kind of days will never come.
I can still remember all of our first encounter with each other. How I met Arien in mosque; how I met Yasmine when she asked me whether somebody already taken the sit beside me or not during the very first day of school; how I never really officially introduced myself to Firzi (we knew each others' name just because we were classmate and she sat behind me and Yasmine). It's funny when we think about that. We met certain people and never thought that they will stay in our life for a long time in the first place.
Yesterday, when we had our little reunion, suddenly I remember lots of things; moments we've been through together for the past eight years. Got my first birthday surprise from them, our annual ice skating routine (even though we couldn't do it this year), celebrate each others' birthday by going somewhere together and having something nice to eat, had a little farewell party for me before I went to Japan, had our little reunion every time I came back to Indonesia, and much more. We rarely meet each other, actually, because we have distance; but somehow distance is the one who keep us close. Distance makes us have to wait for the next meeting in order to tell the latest stories; and the best part of it is when you got the chance to hear it after a very long time. It's like revealing some untold secrets you've been dying to hear.
Busyness might cruelly tries to make us apart, but we will still keep in touch with each other for more years to come. They deserve to be in my VIP Guest List in my future wedding! Love you all!
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿