Blame this drama for taking my sleep and study time for the past week! To be honest, I am not a big fan of Korean Drama, I prefer Japanese Drama because they have compact episode and more varies in genre and theme. While Korean Drama usually has longer episode and focuses too much in romantic aspect (try to watch it when you are broken heart; not the best thing to do). Anyway, why suddenly all of sudden I gave out this drama review, specifically this Korean Drama called Dream High?
I know lots of people watched this drama because all of the six main characters were played by famous Korean idols that I never heard of them before except one person! Actually, I didn't want to give it a try at first because of that reason, and I guessed the story line would be totally so-Korean-drama where there will be one decent girl fell for one decent boy, then there will be one other guy who will fall for that decent girl and another girl will try to get the decent boy. Well, it turns out something like that for this drama, but somehow, that is not the main point of the drama. And this is the first time where the decent girl doesn't end up with that decent boy, but with the other guy who always be there with her all the time. It takes the whole 16 episodes to show how the decent girl finally develop her feelings toward him, not something in a rush or forcefully. It's just comes out naturally, that's why it looks beautiful on screen.
The main story of this drama is about 6 students who enter Kirin Arts High School to achieve their dreams to become idols of Korea (reason why I didn't interested to watch it in the beginning; so typical). I don't know what makes me start to watch the first episode (maybe because I was bored?) and suddenly I couldn't put my eyes of the screen! Maybe because of the good songs they provided all the episodes along, or the story grows on me. It's not all about love story who makes me want to have boyfriends because of all those romantic or cute lovey-dovey scene, it talks about chasing your dream. A real dream. A forgotten dream. An endless dream. It reminds me of how important it is to have a dream, something that I'd forgotten for the past years.
“ Your drama has a long way to go before it’s over. So don’t force yourself to go quickly. If you go slowly, you can see a lot more, in more detail, than the people who go quickly. If you ask me who would grow more between those two, I’d say it’s the one who goes slowly and sees a lot. " - Kang Oh Hyuk
It is also interesting how the characters grew up throughout the drama. How the main character, Go Hye Mi, who was so cold and annoying in the beginning, became more matured as she had to face several problems and turned out to be the warmest character; how the weak boy, Song Sam Dong, turned out became the best of all and even confident to pursuit his dream; how the weak girl who has angelic voice but has obese problem successfully lose her weight and became the cutest among all, and how the most indecent teacher learnt from the students and grew up and became a very good teacher among the school. Well, maybe it sounds so cliche and so drama, but you should watch the whole episode of this drama to understand what I mean. Somehow seeing the characters growing up, reminds me of how things will change in this life as well. People change, people grow up, people come, people leave. That's so normal and that's we called life.
There are not a lot of Korean drama that gave me such a feeling when I finished watching it. How the characters grew up made me feel like I've know them for real and when the drama finished, I felt like losing some friends. I feel like growing up with them. As I said, watching this drama did remind me of my past dreams, all of the dreams that I already thrown away. Nobody knows I had a dream to become a script-writer, movie director, nor interior designer. Life laughed at me and forced me to throw away those dreams.. no, it's only me who were too afraid to break the walls and push the line. If I was given the chance to pursuit my dream, I might go to Art/Movie school or majoring in Foreign Language. I never regretting my decision going to APU though since it's the best thing that has ever happen in my life so far, but well you know what I mean, right?
Okay then, if you're free, try to watch this Korean drama! It is full with inspiring quotes and nice music, even though you're not really into Korean music (like me!). Have a nice week!






マヤ,どしてこんな悲しい気持ち?
返信削除ん?悲しい気持ちじゃなかったけど?笑
削除