2012年11月11日日曜日

Pocky Day! ポッキーの日!빼빼로 데이!

Today.
November 11th.
Yes, it's Pocky Day!Or in Korea, they called it Pepero Day (빼빼로 데이)!

Okay, if you have no idea about what is this Pocky thingy, it's actually a name of a snack. It's like a biscuit stick that dipped into chocolate or any other flavors. And about Pepero? It's just the Korean version of this Pocky Snack. Pocky is a Japanese snack established by Glico company while Lotte Company from Korea copied the idea of having the same snack under the name Pepero. But, the first one who starts this Pepero Day or Pocky Day was a group of high school students in Korea years ago. And seems Pocky also used the same strategy.

Why November 11th? Simply if we write it in number, it will be like 4 sticks of Pocky. 11-11. See? So, during this special day, everyone in Japan and Korea buy and give one pack of Pocky or Pepero to their friends, teachers, crush, anybody they meet in that day. Because this tradition first found in Korea, it is said that this Pepero Day in Korea seems like a very special day such as Valentine Day or White Day.

Especially last year, it was called a Super Mega Pocky Day or something like that because it was 2011-11-11. So many Pocky sticks on the date! I remember everyone holding a pocky in the campus last year. I also received two packs of Pocky from my partner RA and my building leader =)

This one was on November 11th, 2011. And the other one was taken on November 12th, 2011.
One word: Amazing. 




They really into this Pocky Day. Too bad, this year Pocky Day fell in Sunday. If it was on weekdays, I bet all the Pocky will gone really fast. 

It came to my curiosity how's the Pocky Day in such a weekend, so I just went out to take a look in several supermarket. It was not as crazy as in campus last year, but some supermarket used this special occasion to give a special price to make people buy. It supposed to be around 138 yen, but on this special day, they make it to be 111 yen. Another sticks lol





Because I am not an RA and not living in AP House anymore, seems I won't get any Pocky this year... that's what I thought lol But it turned out my Indonesian senpai (senior) gave me that big pocky balloon! Feel like being a child again but somewhat I am quite happy to get that balloon haha! And I do give some Pocky to my friends, especially this new Pocky flavor. It's Uji Matcha Flavor =) And it really does taste good. So wherever you are now, grab some Pocky today, just for today, and give it to your friends, brother, sister, crush, or your beloved one!

Happy Pocky Day!


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿